Landlord Property Insurance

If you are renting out your property, your homeowners insurance will not cover you. Instead, you will need a comprehensive landlord rental property policy. You should view your property as a business and landlord insurance as a necessary investment to keep your business running smoothly.  

There are many responsibilities to being a landlord. One of the most important is making sure that you have the appropriate amount of insurance. When you are renting to someone, there are many things that can happen, and protecting yourself is critical so you do not end up spending a lot of money in the future. We can help you put an insurance plan together at very competitive rates.

Things To Consider When Looking For Landlord Property Insurance...
  • Replacement Cost Coverage-Dwelling
  • Basic Protection or Limited Contents Policy
  • Landlord Premises Liability Insurance
  • Personal Injury Liability
  • Legal Costs
  • Loss of Rental Income Coverage
  • Damages Caused by Natural Disasters such as Flood and Earthquake Coverages
  • Water Damages Coverage (Not including flood damages)
  • Condo Insurance (If renting a condo)
  • Injuries to Others on Your Property
  • Vandalism
  • Emergency Expenses
Frequently Asked Questions

Limited contents policies (or basic landlord insurance) is coverage for unfurnished units, which will cover the main improvements on your land, including the building you rent out, garages, sheds, swimming pools, and other permanent or semi-permanent structures. Basic policies do not cover the contents of the rented house.