RV Insurance

Whether your RV is a Class A, Class B, Class C, Fifth Wheel, Travel Trailer, or Camper, Pinecrest Insurance Services is here to provide you with the highest level of service and the most comprehensive recreational insurance coverages at competitive rates. We are able to offer coverages that are unique to your needs including total loss replacement, full-timers coverage, emergency expense, personal effects, towing and roadside assistance, and many more.

What We Insure
  • Motorhomes
  • Conventional Motor Home - Class A
  • Professional Bus Conversion - Class A
  • Camper Vans - Class B
  • Mini Motorhome - Class C
  • Super C Motorhome
  • Travel Trailers & Campers
  • Fifth Wheels
  • Tent Campers
  • Truck Mounted Campers
  • Tent Trailers
  • Animal Trailers (with living quarters)
  • Toy Haulers (with living quarters)
  • Utility Trailers
  • Full-Timers
  • Stationary Travel Trailers
Optional Coverages
  • Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability
  • Uninsured/Undersinsured Motorists
  • Comprehensive & Collision Options
  • Market Value
  • Agreed Value
  • Total Loss Replacement Cost
  • Roadside Assistance
  • Emergency Expense
  • Replacement Cost Personal Effects
  • Vacation Liability
  • Fire Department Service Charge
RV Insurance Discounts
  • Multi-policy - If you have more than one policy with one company
  • Claims-Free Renewal - If you have no at-fault accidents during your previous policy period
  • Original Owner - choose Comprehensive and Collision coverage and get a discount if you are the only person who has owned your motor home
  • Paid in Full - pay the full amount of your policy up front
  • Prompt Payer - pay on time for a year and receive a discoount when your policy renews
  • Responsible Driver - if any drivers on your policy have no accidents or violations for the last three years
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between RVs and Travel Trailers?

Motor Homes are motorized recreation vehicles that provide you with temporary living quarters and are permanently attached to a chassis or van. Travel Trailers and Campers are non-motorized, portable units designed to provide you with living quarters for recreational and camping use.

What is the difference between Full-timers and Part-timers?
  • Part-timers who use their RV on an occasional basis
  • Full-timers who live in their RV or claim it as a primary residence will need full-timers coverage, which includes protection against injuries in and around the RV, personal liability coverage, personal items coverage, and more.
What is Permanently Attached Items Coverage?

Items permanently attached to the RV are covered, including tow kits, wheelchair lifts, satellite dishes, etc.

What is RV Replacement Cost Coverage?

If your RV is totaled or stolen and not recovered, you will be reimbursed with a new, comparably equipped RV.

What is Personal Items Coverage?

Many insurers offer $3,000 or more for personal items damaged, lost, or stolen by a covered event, usually at no additional charge.

What is the difference between Market Value, Agreed Value, and Total Loss Replacement/Purchase Price RV Insurance Coverages?
  • Market Value - A base policy that pays you the actual cash value of your RV at the time of its loss.
  • Agreed Value - Pays an amount you define when you purchase your policy, regardless of the current value of your RV at the time it is totaled.
  • Total Loss Replacement/Purchase Price - Pays for the replacement of your totaled RV with a current-year model if your RV is totaled within 5 years of its manufacture. If your RV is more than 5 years old at the time it is totaled, you will receive the original purchase price. Coverage only applies to brand new models
FAQCan I cancel my RV insurance when I am not using it?

Yes, you have the option to cancel the RV insurance when you are not using it. However, it may not be the best option. Lapses in coverage can mean higher premiums. It is also more likely that your RV may be stolen when you are not using it. You also never know when you might get the urge to get on the road.

How is RV Insurance different from Auto Insurance?

Insuring an RV with a typical auto policy will leave significant coverage gaps. RV's should be insured with a specialized policy that covers things an auto insurance policy would not cover, such as:

  • Total Loss Replacement - Applicable to buyers of new RV's in the first five model years. It replaces the RV with a similar unit, even if the replacement costs more than the original. This coverage is a good protection against steep RV depreciation, in case of total loss.
  • Replacement Cost of Personal Belongings - RV policies give you the option to specify a limit to include all of your personal belongings destroyed by most events, whereas auto policies only cover a limited amount of content in a vehicle.
  • Full-timer Liability - Offers liability coverage similar to homeowner's insurance when the RV is parked and is used as a residence. The coverage includes emergency treatment and medical expenses for others injured in or around your RV.
  • Campsite Liability - Similar to full-timer liability. However, it is geared towards short-term vacationers.
  • Emergency Expenses - Reimburses for expenses such as lodging, meals, and travel for living outside the RV while it is being repaired as long as the covered loss occurs a set number of miles from your fixed residence (usually about 50 miles).
  • Higher Liability Limits - RV insurance offers significantly higher liability limits than auto insurance. Most RV's are much larger than cars and have the potential to cause a significant amount of damage. Higher limits provide greater financial protection after an unfortunate incident.